Law School Scholarships
For more than 40 years, the New Jersey State Bar Foundation has awarded scholarships to students entering their second or third year at a New Jersey law school. From one scholarship in 1975 to 17 today, the Foundation is proud to foster pride in the legal profession by supporting education of future lawyers.
Scholarships are funded by proceeds from the Foundation’s annual Medal of Honor Award event, other donations and through the IOLTA Fund of the Bar of New Jersey.
- Matthew E. Beck Esq. Criminal Law Scholarship – $2,500 is given to a student attending Rutgers Law School-Newark who has an interest in pursuing a career in criminal law
- Scarinci Hollenbeck Scholarship – $2,500 is open to a student who demonstrates a commitment to the advancement of their community and fostering the ideals of inclusion and belonging.
- Labor Law Scholarship – $2,500 is earmarked for a student planning to enter the field of labor law or who has already shown academic achievement in the area of labor law.
- Abram D. and Maxine H. Londa Scholarship – $2,500 gives preference to a student from Union County, New Jersey.
- Sonia Morgan Scholarship – $2,500 is awarded to a female student.
- Judge Lisa P. Thornton Scholarship – $2,500 – in recognition of the legacy of first Black woman to serve as Assignment Judge on the New Jersey Superior Court. Awarded to a student who carries on the support and advancement of Judge Thornton’s legacy as a trailblazer and leader in serving as a mentor in the legal profession and community.
- Wallace Vail Scholarship – $3,000 – awarded to a student who has achieved the highest academic standards.
- Justin P. Walder Scholarship – $2,500 – awarded to a student attending one of New Jersey’s three law schools
- Justice Marie L. Garibaldi Scholarships –$10,000 awards – three scholarships available. Awarded to female New Jersey resident students attending one of New Jersey’s three law schools or to a female New Jersey resident student attending Columbia Law School.
- New Jersey State Bar Foundation Scholarships
- $2,500 – three scholarships available. One given to a student attending Rutgers Law School – Camden, one to a student attending Rutgers Law School – Newark and one to a student attending Seton Hall Law School
- $10,000 – three scholarships available. One award will be given to a student attending Rutgers Law School – Camden, one to a student attending Rutgers Law School – Newark and one to a student attending Seton Hall Law School.