2024 Court Night Program
Court Night, an informational program is cosponsored by the New Jersey State Bar Foundation and New Jersey county and affinity bar associations. The purpose of the program is to open the courts to the public to explain how our judicial system works. The goal is to demystify, educate and welcome the public to learn more. Events are planned each year around Law Day USA (May 1) to celebrate the rule of law in our society and to cultivate a deeper understanding of the legal profession.
Court Night Programs honoring Law Day have been part of the NJSBF’s core mission to educate the public about New Jersey law for over 30 years.
- Who can apply: Affinity and County Bar Associations of New Jersey
- Application: To view, complete and submit click HERE or the button to the left.
- Application Deadline: January 30, 2024
- Questions? Contact Kate Coscarelli, Associate Executive Director, Administration & Grants at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2024 Law Day theme “Voices of Democracy” recognizes that in democracies, the people rule. For nearly 250 years, Americans have expressed their political views and wishes by speaking their minds and voting in elections. In 2024, the United States will hold its 60th presidential election, and Americans will address fundamental questions about democracy and the rule of law.
The Voices of Democracy Law Day theme encourages Americans to participate in the 2024 elections by deepening their understanding of the electoral process; discussing issues in honest and civil ways; turning out to vote; and, finally, helping to move the country forward after free and fair elections. In this way, Americans ensure that our government remains responsive to the wishes of the people. We invite all Americans to celebrate Law Day by lifting their voices to strengthen our democracy.
2023 Court Night/Law Day Grant Awardees:
- Association of Black Women Lawyers
- Atlantic County Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Cape May County Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Foundation
- Gloucester County Bar Foundation
- Hudson County Bar Association
- Hunterdon County Bar Association
- Mercer County Bar Association
- Monmouth County Bar Association
- Passaic County Bar Association
- Sussex County Bar Association