You should request a copy of the HOA’s (Home Owners’ Association) bylaws and monthly fees. At first, a development can look like a great deal with tons of benefits. However, you are going to be paying monthly HOA fees that continue to increase over time. The bylaws will also tell you if there are restrictions on your use of the property (i.e. where your guests can park, decorations that can be placed outside your unit or other restrictive covenants). When you buy into a development you are buying into a group lifestyle—make sure you can live with the costs and restrictions before you do.—Lorraine Medeiros, Esq, Law Offices of Lorraine M. Medeiros, Esq.
- Impact 2023 – NJSBF Makes A Difference
- Check Out Legal Eagle’s Special Social Media Edition
- Lawmakers Look to Curb Harm on Social Media Platforms
- TikTok Bans Show Difficulty of Balancing National Security and Free Speech
- Garden State Aims to Give Students the Tools to Spot Fact from Fiction
- Check Out the Latest from The Informed Citizen, NJSBF’s Civics Blog
- Is the U.S. Constitution Dead or Alive?
- Grant Program for Nonprofits Expanded
- Check Out the Latest from The Informed Citizen, NJSBF’s civics blog
- Maintaining Checks & Balances in Moore v. Harper