The New Jersey State Bar Foundation is the philanthropic and charitable arm of the Bar Association. We provide FREE law-related education to the citizens of New Jersey, from elementary, middle & high school students to senior citizens. We also provide opportunities for lawyers to serve the public through participation in and support of our programs. Here’s what we have to offer YOU:
- Publications on law-related topics for you or your clients
- Opportunities to give back to your community that draw on your legal experience and knowledge
- The chance to grow your networks, skills, and heart by serving on the Foundation’s Board of Trustees
- Social media cred by following, sharing and liking the Foundation’s interesting and highly relevant posts
- The inside scoop on where the educators in your network can find interactive and impactful trainings
- The gratitude of your friends, colleagues, clients and family who are looking for fun, engaging and educational lesson plans (that just happen to be law and civics-related)
- The knowledge that your financial donation will help to foster an increased awareness, appreciation and knowledge of the law and the legal system among New Jersey residents
Click on the Images Below to download the PDFs
The New Jersey State Bar Foundation has many publications that can enhance your practice. Take a look at our Publications Page, where you will find five toggles, including one for Publications for the Public. You can download PDFs from the toggles and if hard copies are available, please use the Publication Order Form and we will ship you a supply of whatever you need (from any toggle).
The New Jersey State Bar Foundation would love to see you at its annual gala celebration honoring our 2020 Medal of Honor recipients. Stay tuned for the date. In the meantime, take a look at the photo gallery from last year’s event.
It is because of the generosity of attorneys like you that the Bar Foundation is able to provide the multitude of programs and publications that it does. Please consider making a one-time or recurring donation so that the Foundation can continue its great work. You can also pay tribute to a mentor, family member or friend by purchasing a brick that will be installed on the New Jersey Law Center’s portico.
The New Jersey State Bar Foundation’s social media feeds are great conversation starters and new posts are added at least twice a day. There is always something new to learn from them whether it’s about civics, history or the great programs and publications provided by the Bar Foundation. @NJStateBarFdn can be found on several platforms. Please like and follow us and more importantly ask your friends to like and follow us as well.
If you’re interested in civics, check out the Foundation’s civics blog, The Informed Citizen. So far, the blog has covered more than 25 civics-related topics, including democratic norms, diplomacy, equal justice under the law, primaries and caucuses and much more. To peruse the topics, click here. The Informed Citizen is just one way the Foundation promotes civics, check out our Mock Trial and Civics Online Content page.
If you know an educator that could benefit from our civics publications or if you would like copies for yourself, please use this order form and we will send you hard copies. To download a PDF of any of publication, check out our Publications Page. You can also peruse back issues of The Legal Eagle, the Foundation’s legal newspaper for kids or Respect, our diversity newsletter. Just open the relevant toggle.